Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inspiration

I have had a lot of people ask me lately where I get the inspiration for my books and characters.  The truth is, there are so many places that I could hardly begin to tell you about all of them.  I can tell you that I feel and see inspiration in just about everything and everyone.  My characters are mostly pieces of people I know all mixed together.  The idea of Sophia came to me as a little part of myself.  When my dad died, I was lost.  Everyone around me tried to support me, tried to tell me that they knew what I was going through and that it would all get better.  The truth was though, no one really knew what I was feeling because everyone's emotions are so complex and different from one another.  When I got older, I realized that I needed an outlet for all of that pain and created Sophia in my own mental image.  Daphne, however, is stronger and a little more secure with herself.  She is someone that I strive to be on an everyday basis.  The inspiration for my male characters are some of the best and worst traits of people I know and people I meet. 

Recently I have begun branching out and really listening and observing people.  Their interactions with each other, their views of the world and of themselves.  It has helped me really put some depth into a new and exciting project I am working on.  It's women's fiction, but my main character, Lola, is unlike anything you have seen from me before.  She is insecure, hilarious, adorable and absolutely loveable.  At least I think so.

I have to give thanks to everyone who has inspired me to succeed.  You all should know who you are... through texts, through posts, through questions, each of you have helped me mold my thoughts into something rich and beautiful and extremely personal.  I am very lucky indeed to have such amazing friends.  Friends who by default, have become my family. 

For those of you that are unsure if you are among this list...  Trust me...  you are.  If you are reading this post, you are a part of my inspiration and I thank you for it.

Now for those who still aren't sure... Brian, Tom, Josh, Bonnie, Maegan, Renee, Janelle...  Always Amber...  Always Chloe... Always Stacy...  My heart is yours to share and my work would not be the same without all of you as a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment